PDA

View Full Version : MR problem

biancaNieve
09-17-2007, 06:43 PM
Hi,
I have big problem with MR. I'm using maya 8.5. I don't have some really big scene, but when I try to render after a few seconds it say Mental Ray:Fatal error... save.... sistem may be unstable. In rows before it says that it can't render subD objects with creases. I actyaly modeled some walls just half of them because I don't need back walls, I tought that is a problem, then I selected all edges in all objects and did uncrease, but still doesn't work. what is funny, when I render only one model it works but all of them together it doesnt. Can anyone help?

phix314
09-18-2007, 10:30 AM
I get that mayatomr.geometry error whenever I use SubD, regardless of if I creased it... nothing to worry about. I know it was a problem in earlier versions, but I haven't encountered any problems besides that warning.

As for the other error, it could be something a bit more serious. Try exporting everything to a new file or clean up the scene a bit.

CGTalk Moderation
09-18-2007, 10:30 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.