PDA

View Full Version : An attempt at a snake rig

migman
09-17-2007, 01:07 AM
Greetings all
I am attempting to make a general purpose rig for a snake. Ideally I would like to be able have the snake move along a path slitthering as it goes, also to be able to move the head and mouth. How a rig coils is the bigegst challenge. I'll explain what I have so far
Two sets of bones for the spine,one attached to a spline IK with the curve used as a motion path, the other has clusters on it to be used for the slithering motion . That motion is accomplished by using a wave deformer on a duplicated curve driven through a blendshape node. I gather this is a fairly standard setup , I am having problems in getting everything to move together on the path.
How to get the snake to coil is what I would like some ideas about. Studying snake movement, it seems to coil by bunching up its body from the tail while the head stays put
Any ideas from those who have done this would be appreciated
Thanks

CGTalk Moderation
09-17-2007, 01:07 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.