PDA

View Full Version : 'Thinking Particles 2' questions

ABDVFX
09-16-2007, 05:48 PM
Hello,
im working on a FX project and im having some issues..
They are 2 building in a area that needs to be demolished, i thought pre-fracturing the models is lot of work, so im trying to get it done with TP but im not getting the effect i want.
Im starting with the windows but its like that they fracture a soon they touch the ground (about collision, im using a Node with shape collision, doenst work well even when i increase the voxel grid) Im using a amount af fragments, didnt experiment with 'Smooth and Distance' or any other method, i have a 'Time interval' for the fractures, i want that they fracture immediately. I have a set Gravity and some Wind forces so that the glass explodes like in front of the building.
The look of the fragments doenst look realistic at all even when i have allot of chunks in the windows...

Any advice would be mutch appreciated,

SoLiTuDe
09-17-2007, 04:32 AM
I'd post this on cgfluids.com they were pretty much dedicated to TP before Fume came out... so youi're more likely going to get a good response over there.

CGTalk Moderation
09-17-2007, 04:32 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.