PDA

View Full Version : Final Render for C4D on MAC?

phormis
09-15-2007, 06:18 AM
I was just on the cebas site today and I saw this as the spash page.

Has anyone heard anything about this?

http://www.cebasusa.com/

rsquires
09-15-2007, 07:17 AM
It's roughly 2-3 years too late. I think I even pre ordered it in the jurrasic age but still no Fr for Mac. I'm on the Vray wagon now and won't be looking at FR. I guess it takes another company doing what you should have done in the first place to light a fire under your arse.

regards

rich

Matariki
09-15-2007, 08:25 AM
Wow, it seem time travel is possible after all. At least into the past.
That train has truely left the station years ago.

sunmade
09-15-2007, 12:41 PM
isn't it hilarious !?

"...coming soon"

haha

good one cebas.

oh wait..in the meantime we have a working Maxwell Render (which I still LOVE !!) and the mighty VRay...for MAC OS X!!

FR who? ;)

fluffouille
09-15-2007, 05:53 PM
Oh come on now. How long did it take Chaosgroup to port Vray to mac?
Several years as well.
If you don't like the release and prefer switching to Vray, that's fine, but please spare us the animosity because that's still good news and a positive step for the C4D community.

Nobody seems to give Cebas the credit for trying very hard to redeem its errors, by fixing important issues, having the best implementation of all external render engines (yes, even better than Vray's) and now going the extra mile of getting good on their promises regarding the Mac version (all this free of charge for 2 years now).

No matter how much you like or dislike Cebas' marketing anyway, it does not take away the fact that it's a very good render engine, on par with Vray, and it makes me always mad to see more bashing than actual constructive requests/criticizms to get the tool at the level where it needs to be.

ThirdEye
09-15-2007, 06:13 PM
Oh come on now. How long did it take Chaosgroup to port Vray to mac?
Several years as well.

Yes, but their only platform was 3ds Max, which is Windows only, so if there was no Mac port nobody gave a damn. Now that there's a C4D version of Vray they have a Mac version too.

Nobody seems to give Cebas the credit for trying very hard to redeem its errors, by fixing important issues, having the best implementation of all external render engines (yes, even better than Vray's) and now going the extra mile of getting good on their promises regarding the Mac version (all this free of charge for 2 years now).

They haven't even released it yet, same old "coming soon". Heard it too many times. Companies should announce something only if it's ready to be released, end of the story.

fluffouille
09-15-2007, 06:30 PM
Maya for OSX users might tell you there was a need for a Mac version, before C4D came into the fray.

Anyway, that' s not a Vray thread, sorry for bringing that up.

MrBraun
09-15-2007, 06:49 PM
When Cebas ufficially annonce, the release moment isn't too far! ;) :)

Stay tuned! ;)

lllab
09-15-2007, 07:52 PM
as fluffy suggested please dont start again this FR against vray thing.

overall i would say competition is good for the c4d plattform.
i guess when they annouce theyare quite sure this time they have it.
my guess is release on 17th too as we are....;-)

cheers
stefan

ooo
09-15-2007, 08:19 PM
I have to agree it's good news. But for me they are too late and I think many others have jumped already to MW or VRay. Nevertheless I wish them good luck and I love to see some good comparisons in a real render battle :cool:

odo

sunmade
09-15-2007, 09:58 PM
whatever, still funny they even bring it out now.

So boring when people don't have a sense of humor.
Maybe it's the language barrier...

But, of course, competition is good.

So, hey, go out and buy the cebas product.
It's just as good as any other render engine, and hey, apparently FR is as good as Vray, so all you fools waiting for Vray....waste of time. (Me included)

Kudos to all and everything (that's as politicaly correct as can be!)

I'm saved. (pathetic)

The only real profesional way to do software dev is the way Maxon does it:
"It's ready when it's ready"

Llab and team did it that way, and they will be winners. Everybody congratulated them for taking that route. That's what you call respecting the customer.

have a nice weekend

marshalartist
09-16-2007, 11:40 AM
Why is there no mention of an OSX version anywhere else on the FR2 forums or Cebas websites. Is this just an elaberate wind up, if it is it is not very funny. I bought FR2 for windows when it came out and a month later I changed all my computers to Mac-intel with OSX. I presumed it would not take them long to get a Mac version out, how wrong I was.
So my FR2 license has been sitting there unused for two years. I have paid for vrayforC4d now who seem a lot more organised and motivated. I hope FR2 does come out on the Mac and they do something about their rediculous hardware dongle system. I would like to think my investment was not completely wasted.

flingster
09-16-2007, 12:41 PM
i don't know this seems like a good thing to me, cebas have obviously taken it on and look to be coming through albeit very late...moving from a completely windows operation in terms of it development to including mac is not mean feat there are bound to be teething problems..good on em i say...and good to see, its integration is superb and the renderer isn't bad either ;-)

Venkman
09-27-2007, 04:29 PM
http://www.cebas.com/news/read.php?UD=10-7888-33-788&NID=247

CGTalk Moderation
09-27-2007, 04:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.