PDA

View Full Version : MR batch render completing before it should be

kinitex
09-14-2007, 10:55 PM
420 frame scene and when batch rendering it stops on fram 257 and says rendering complete. Keeps on doing this over and over...

Im using blastcode to blow up a glass cylinder and the shards are colliding with the ground. So just continuing from fram 257 is not an option because those shards wont be on the ground from frame 258 and on.

Why is MR doing this?

grantmoore3d
09-15-2007, 06:17 PM
Check your start and end frame in the global renders. You may have forgotten to tell it to go to frame 450.

kinitex
09-16-2007, 06:08 AM
No I would not be posting this if it were something that simple.

JYoung
09-16-2007, 06:49 AM
Does the render log say anything about an error on that frame? If it runs out of memory or something along those lines, it'll just stop and say rendering completed.

kinitex
09-16-2007, 10:22 AM
well looks like its running out of memory. Hard to believe with 3gigs of it. I have 4 but XP on supports 3 max :S Too little support with 64-bit so looks like i have to tone down my scene for now. Thank you.

DJ_
09-17-2007, 09:09 AM
I've had the same problem... and not only with mental ray. Me and a co-worker had that problem with several projects. Our render just stopped at random frames every time. I didn't find the solution for the problem... did a cache for everything in the scene and had to restart the render from the frame it stopped every time it did it.

I normally always have problems when using mental ray, batch render and render layers together. It just never works as it should... very buggy.

joit
09-17-2007, 10:00 AM
Im using blastcode to blow up a glass cylinder and the shards are colliding with the ground. So just continuing from fram 257 is not an option because those shards wont be on the ground from frame 258 and on.

I'm not familiar with blastcode but can't you cache your dynamics and continue from frame 257?
You could also use map textures, limit your max memory and play around with the raytracing's acceleration depth and size, to reduce your memory consumption.

kinitex
09-17-2007, 12:18 PM
Ya I tried that but I even ran out of memory doing the cache on all the debry. Atleast I think I did because it took forever only to cache half of it.

CGTalk Moderation
09-17-2007, 12:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.