PDA

View Full Version : Sound Design for your short

FilterDecay
09-14-2007, 05:30 PM
So...we have some down time for the next 9 days or so at our Santa Monica post audio facility. Me being a total busy body would love to work on my portfolio doing sound design for a class A pet project. This could be a top down solution but it must be short (i.e. i can finish it in around 9 days alone)!! Something with lots of quality packed into about 3 or 4 minutes. Hit me back at jst0rmATyahooDOTcom and we can discuss things further. I will also show you pics of the place where the work will be done (full hd theater with 2 hd6 protools systems d-commands and full jbl theater sound). We also have a Foley studio as well with sand/concrete/pebble/marble/wood floors and mkh416 mics) a full arsenal of proper sound making toys and 1.5tb of fully licensed sound samples. I don't own this stuff but being a employee during down time has its benefits.

I will look over stuff for the next couple of days and pick the one I feel i can get done in the time alloted and that looks fun. Looking around here it looks like there is a lot of great stuff.

I will need picture in 29.97 or 24.98 non drop QT with windowburn (we have a digidelivery ftp server for the upload) but for review youtube or other compressed copy would be fine.

cheers,

jeff

FilterDecay
09-15-2007, 06:49 PM
hmm. ok no takers heeheh. Here is the studio

www.wowandflutterpost.com

We normally work with feature length films and television but we would really enjoy working on animated projects hence the posting here.

softdistortion
09-15-2007, 08:58 PM
Impressive!
If you are not in a rush, maybe we can talk in the future.

I have an audio background, and have been doing the sound for our collaboration's animations...however, it would be great to have a pro sound team to collab with.

You can see our short clip at www.shirowproject.com
More work links HERE (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showpost.php?p=2174429&postcount=2)

FilterDecay
09-15-2007, 10:04 PM
Well we are always in a rush ;p but of course. If the timing and work is right...It would probably be best as I'm sure most of you know (shirow wouldn't fall into this catagory) to have something without voice animations to work on as these voices are generally recorded before the animation or to have the voice acting already completed.

regards,

CGTalk Moderation
09-15-2007, 10:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.