PDA

View Full Version : render video setup

VaultBoy
09-14-2007, 04:09 PM
hello all, i have modeled a gun from a piece of concept art and done a few renders of it in mental ray, i put occlusion on and its lookin nice.

i was just wondering how to go about creating an .avi render together, you usually see them on peoples folios and what not, yet i dont know how there done.

i have looked for tutorials and set ups and what not but not able to find anything so i thought i would ask.

i would like it that i can have it rotate and go to the wire frame and then the textured version (i am thinking you take a clip of each stage and fade them in on another program ie vagus or after effects *tell me if i am wrong)

any help would be great thanks

-VaultBoy
(just trying to learn)

NitroLiq
09-14-2007, 05:49 PM
Don't render as .avi in Maya. Render out any animations as .tiff sequences, then import into a compositing app to create your composited clips, then into a video editor to create the final movie from the clips.

CGTalk Moderation
09-14-2007, 05:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.