PDA

View Full Version : Shortcuts for MAX ? ? ?

atd
09-14-2007, 08:13 AM
I have been using MAX for a time and I can't felt conform with the shortcuts and quards menus. I love MAX BTW. jeje

Is anywhere a place where a friendly soul take time to make a consisten list of shortcuts and efficient quads menus for everything on MAX. ? ? ? ? ?

I means for EditPoly task, Reactor task, Animation task ?

is this soul exist please let me know before I get mad ;)

thanks
atd3d

SoLiTuDe
09-15-2007, 05:40 AM
Not sure, but are you asking if you can customize the shortcuts and quad menus... if so then go to the customize menu then customize user interface and you can make the shortcuts whatever you want.

atd
09-15-2007, 12:34 PM
No SoLiTuDe I'm not asking this. I know customize my shortcuts for sure.

What I'm asking is if someone on the net have been posting his settings (shortcuts and quads desing) for a better optimization of the MAX workflow.

I don't know is I make clear. Lets say thant I want to model whell then I load a "modeling module" with a complete list shortcuts of EditPoly and Quads. Lets say Quads for edit poly are very bad organized: Nurm toggle is at the end of the list. I know that this can fixed with only get down near to the center of the quads menu. But perhaps someone else have been taking the time and thinnking about that and make his own preferences addressed for some area of max like modeling or texturing.

Is out there a TIM bundle of script and quads but is too much and very distracting and for anything what I am looking for.

Thanks anyway
atd3d

pd: sorry my poor english.

yuriythebest
09-15-2007, 03:05 PM
No SoLiTuDe I'm not asking this. I know customize my shortcuts for sure.

What I'm asking is if someone on the net have been posting his settings (shortcuts and quads desing) for a better optimization of the MAX workflow.

I don't know is I make clear. Lets say thant I want to model whell then I load a "modeling module" with a complete list shortcuts of EditPoly and Quads. Lets say Quads for edit poly are very bad organized: Nurm toggle is at the end of the list. I know that this can fixed with only get down near to the center of the quads menu. But perhaps someone else have been taking the time and thinnking about that and make his own preferences addressed for some area of max like modeling or texturing.

Is out there a TIM bundle of script and quads but is too much and very distracting and for anything what I am looking for.

Thanks anyway
atd3d

pd: sorry my poor english.

ah, you must mean something like polyboost

atd
09-17-2007, 11:42 AM
NOOOO yuriythebest I don't means Polyboost. Perhaps is my that I don't explain very well.

OK Again in a diferent way.

One MAX user think that default shortcuts suck and and he take his time to given to the task of configuring their own shortcuts lets say for modeling that include all edit polygons tools, polyboost tools and some orionflame tools. (Perhaps to the way mirai or silo or modo or even maya work) This person do this for the keyboard shortcuts and for de quadsmenus. And say OK now this is nice to work with so let me share with de comunity and upload his .kbd and .quadsmenus (i don't know this extension name) for everybody.

And THIS IS WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR.

Thanks to all anyway
atd3d

SoLiTuDe
09-18-2007, 07:38 PM
OOOOOOOOHHHHHH Now I get it. I've seen a few custom UI's here and there, but even then it was mostly look not keyboard / quad menus from what I remember...that being said, you're looking for a needle in a haystack... I'd say just customize it to your liking if you think the defaults don't meet your needs, and then you can be of the first to share this with the rest of the community. :)

atd
09-19-2007, 02:30 AM
jaja I will, when I take time to organize all. You are right SoLiTuDe.

Thanks

atd3d

CGTalk Moderation
09-19-2007, 02:30 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.