PDA

View Full Version : Sketched concept char.

RavenX
04-04-2003, 05:14 AM
This is a sketch of a character I designed a while back for a character design contest. The contest was never finished, but I was hoping to get a little criticism from somewhere, so here it is.

http://www.nmi.uga.edu/students/kneal/tmc2.jpg

demoncage
04-04-2003, 06:03 AM
nice overall anatomy and really like the line work and style. the major thing that i see is with the arms. the biceps have different lengths. I would say the arm on the viewers right is better proportioned than the left arm(which has a longer bicep but about same size forearm). other than that, the pony tail looks odd coming out to the side like that. maybe you could find another way to incorporate as you obviously want it to be visible and it adds something. the face looks just slightly off to one side(small shit). thats it. again really like the design and good job on the anatomy and that tatoo.

RavenX
04-04-2003, 01:45 PM
Cool man. Thanks for the criticism.

GeneralChaos
04-04-2003, 02:35 PM
I like your drawing :beer: now to come over and teach me how to draw like that! lol

but yea his arm is a little bit bigger on our left side, but you have to keep in mind a human isnt perfect proportioned, it just looks better if they are. My example of this is a womans breasts, one is generally smaller then the other.

DrakeX
04-06-2003, 04:25 AM
i love it :) i like the style, the guy.. for some reason he reminds me of vin diesel. but that's just me. i seem to think people look like people when they really don't. maybe it's the tattoo that looks like the one on triple x..

ya the only problem would be the left arm is a little longer, but i doubt i would have noticed it if no one else mentioned it.

would make a perfect fighting game character.

idvah
04-06-2003, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by demoncage
nice overall anatomy and really like the line work and style. the major thing that i see is with the arms. the biceps have different lengths. I would say the arm on the viewers right is better proportioned than the left arm(which has a longer bicep but about same size forearm). other than that, the pony tail looks odd coming out to the side like that. maybe you could find another way to incorporate as you obviously want it to be visible and it adds something. the face looks just slightly off to one side(small shit). thats it. again really like the design and good job on the anatomy and that tatoo.
true, I do notice the difference in the arms, that is what keeps throwing me off. Over all its a good drawing. (:

sound effect
04-06-2003, 11:51 AM
overall i like it, but the dudes got no nipples!! lol

oh and his right hand seems to be positioned strangely, i dont thing some one would normally rest thier hand like that.

nice piece there...

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.