PDA

View Full Version : Wire render

Maya Ayanami
04-04-2003, 04:17 AM
how do you go upon rendering in wireframe and shaded wireframe.
and I mean the ture objects wire frame.
and is it possible to do 1 object with wire and another shaded.
and is it possible to render half of the object in wire with the other being shaded.

Norb
04-04-2003, 05:52 AM
you could playblast it to get the wireframe, or you could go grab the wiredata plugin from highend3d. the other 2 questions you would have to do in post..

Maya Ayanami
04-04-2003, 07:37 PM
cool thanks.

is wiredata compiled for 4.5

Norb
04-06-2003, 09:33 AM
I'll say.....

maybe.

=)

Matt Leishman
04-09-2003, 07:28 AM
or you can render it in wireframe mode from the hardware render buffer. Always works for me, unlike some of the plugins on highend3d :annoyed:

X3M
04-09-2003, 02:23 PM
I see there is more people than just me looking for a perfect solution on how to render in wireframe. I had tried both ways to do it too and the final output is not that greate. I used to be a MAX user and it has an option in its material editor to render in wireframe. The wire frame was shaded, antialiased, and also you can adjust the thikness of the wire. I think the only way to get something simillar in Maya would be to develope some kind of shader which would do this. I guess I will have to look deeper into Maya Development Kit. :)

Atwooki
04-09-2003, 02:52 PM
The 'WireData' plugin by Martin Leguizamon works great for me!
Also his NURBS Data plugin is very good...

NURBS sample:

http://www.custom3d.co.uk/images/3d_art/gd_images.jpg

further samples on my website:

www.custom3d.co.uk
Atwooki

greynite1
03-29-2004, 05:15 AM
I actually really wanted to give this a try and unfortunately I have maya 5.01 and the API used to compile the 3.0 plugin is incompatible with the new version.

I tried the link to the 4.0 beta but it doesn't work and it just tells me to go to his homepage which also isn't there.

Does anybody know an updated link or have a version of the Wiredata plugin which works with Maya 5.x ?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

Atwooki
03-29-2004, 09:00 AM
greynite1:

Martin Leguizamon has moved his site to:

'www.provide3d.com'

think you'll find the update plugin there.... :)

Atwooki

PROVIDE3D
03-30-2004, 04:17 PM
To render TRUE Polygons Wireframe in Software use the
'polyData' Plug-In instead of the 'wireData' one.

http://products.provide3d.com/polyData

Martin

PROVIDE3D
03-30-2004, 05:01 PM
how do you go upon rendering in wireframe and shaded wireframe.
and I mean the ture objects wire frame.
and is it possible to do 1 object with wire and another shaded.
and is it possible to render half of the object in wire with the other being shaded

You can see some examples here:

http://cube.phlatt.net/forums/spiraloid/viewtopic.php?TopicID=714#5549

Martin

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.