PDA

View Full Version : Render Queue on a Mac

Wagster
09-13-2007, 10:04 PM
I'm trying to do a Maya render queue on a Mac. From what I've gleaned on the web, the way to do this is by going to the Terminal and running a script that reads as follows:

render [file address]
render [file address]
etc.

I can get the script to run but then I get an error message, which I will quote in full:

Error: file -f -o "Documents/maya/projects/BGRG/scenes/SC18/BGRG_Char_18.ma
Error: Unterminated string.
Error: string $sceneName = "Documents/maya/projects/BGRG/scenes/SC18/BGRG_Char_18.ma
Error: Unterminated string.
Error: if ($checkScene=="") {
Error: "$checkScene" is an undeclared variable.

Anyone know how to fix this? Of course, I would also be happy if anyone knows of a free or cheap app that runs a render queue. The project I'm working on is going to be a headache if I have to render every pass separately.

TheNeverman
09-13-2007, 10:45 PM
do you need to specify a frame and resolution to render?

grantmoore3d
09-14-2007, 01:15 AM
I'm not sure how it is done on a mac to be honest... but it might help us solve your problem a little bit easier if you could give us the exact command you are typing in.

Also, my guess is that it is having trouble finding the file or something like that. What I would do if I were to render (this is in Windws mind you, so might be different)... is type the word render and a space, followed by whatever options you want, then actually drag the file I want rendered into my command line. In windows, this will give you the exact filepath for the file, and that way, you can be sure you are getting something that it will recognize.

"render -help" might also point you in the right direction :P

Wagster
09-14-2007, 03:55 AM
Thanks for your replies. I worked it out... basically, I was doing everything right, but I created my txt file in word which inserts some unwanted invisible character at the end of the line. When I used a simpler editor the thing works fine... better than fine... it's way faster than rendering from the program.

CGTalk Moderation
09-14-2007, 03:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.