PDA

View Full Version : Viewport major slowdowns.

McKertis
09-13-2007, 09:05 AM
It seems that 6.x (at least) series of XSI has the same bug, which XSI devs just cant/refuse to fix. I'm talking about the unexpected major slowdown when maximizing any viewport in certain resolutions.

E.g. :
I had 1024x768 resolution, and everything was fine.
Then i switched to 1280x1024, and when i maximize any one viewport - XSI slows down to a crawl. If i change the viewport ratio in 4-view, then switch back to maximized - it goes fast again.

I encountered several people with different specs, that had this bug, so its not the hardware thats at fault.

Strang
09-13-2007, 07:09 PM
so you have logged this with softimage?

ThE_JacO
09-13-2007, 07:27 PM
I encountered several people with different specs, that had this bug, so its not the hardware thats at fault.

and you and all these people logged it with the details right?
I mean what's the point of posting this if you provide absolutely no info whatsoever to help you?

As far as I'm concerned, between me and several hundred users I know, and all the others I read on forums and mailing lists, this is the first time ever I hear about it.
How can Soft "refuse to acknowledge something" that nobody but you and some misterious other people are aware of?

Repost in more useful terms and You might find some help when there's a point to readin the thread.
Questions and requests for help are welcome, complaints are to be addressed by softimage through their channels, not through these boards.