View Full Version : Duplicate with transform an animate Object

YasushAzush
09-13-2007, 08:52 AM
hi
how can i Duplicate with transform an animate Object in maya
thanks

gozzer
09-13-2007, 10:19 AM
I don't think I fully understand your question. Do you want to duplicate an object AND it's keyframed animation? If so, afaik you would have to copy/paste the frames onto the new object manually. Shouldn't be much hassle.

If you on the other hand need to copy all the object's input nodes, there is an option for this under the edit > 'duplicate special' options box.

Just coverin all bases here, if you are talking about the edit > 'duplicate with transform' command, this will just apply the last transformation onto the new object.

Cite from the manual:
"Duplicates the selection and applies the last transformation you did with the current manipulator. If you do a transform and then make the manipulator go away (for example, but deselecting the object), Maya forgets the last transformation."

--
Daniel

Segmoria
09-13-2007, 01:47 PM
Do you want to duplicate an object AND it's keyframed animation? If so, afaik you would have to copy/paste the frames onto the new object manually. Shouldn't be much hassle.

No need to manually copy the keyframes. You can do this with Duplicate Special, just make sure to check the Duplicate Input Graph option.

gozzer
09-13-2007, 02:28 PM
Good stuff :) I've only used that option to duplicate an object together with it's blend shapes before, but this certainly has it's uses.

CGTalk Moderation
09-13-2007, 02:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.