PDA

View Full Version : Freezing transformations reset pivot orientation

anony
09-13-2007, 07:44 AM
when i'm freezing a selected object (curve) transformations, the tns/rot/scl are reset which is ok, pivot position stays

and it's also ok.
but the pivot rotation is reset which is not ok for me (it return the the world space mode, even if i'm on local rotate mode)
in other words i want to change the rotation of the pivot without changing the rotation values of the same object
any ideas?

Remi
09-14-2007, 05:58 PM
Group it to itself, snap the groups pivot(using insert) to your curve or whatever you want it to control rotate the group to the angle you want. Don't freeze. Now the item's pivot rotation should be where you want it and the channels will be zero'd out. You'll never see the group so don't worry about it.

shinyprem
09-15-2007, 01:23 PM
Hi,

Better way of doing Group the Curve then select the object then the Group of the curve and parent constrain without offset. Finally delete the parent constrain and freeze the curve.

Rgds,

Remi
09-15-2007, 08:17 PM
Another way would be to group the curve, parent the group to the object/joint/etc. you want the curve to control, zero out the transforms in the channelbox and unparent and you'll get the same result. The groups will have translations on them, but your control curve won't. Many ways to do things.

anony
09-16-2007, 08:28 AM
thank you guys

CGTalk Moderation
09-16-2007, 08:28 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.