PDA

View Full Version : MR GI Spotlight Errors...

grantmoore3d
09-12-2007, 09:20 PM
Okay, this is a really weird error I keep getting. I've been trying to follow along with the Digital Tutors Mental Ray Workflow DVD for a while now, with no success!

Basically, I can get the GI to "work" but can't make any significant changes to many of the options to refine the quality. For example, the "global illum radius" and "Global Illum Photos" basically don't do anything at all to the rendered image. It's not because of me entering anything wrong, because I'm following the tutorial step by step.

Anyways, here are the cryptic errors associated with the spotlight that I beleive are the culprit :

// Error: The mentalrayLightexponentCtrl control cannot be used with the attribute "spotLightShape1.exponent". The attribute type is not compatible with the control type. //
// Error: The mentalrayLightcausticPhotonsCtrl control cannot be used with the attribute "spotLightShape1.causticPhotons". The attribute type is not compatible with the control type. //
// Error: The mentalrayLightglobIllPhotonsCtrl control cannot be used with the attribute "spotLightShape1.globIllPhotons". The attribute type is not compatible with the control type. //
// Error: The mentalrayLightsmapResolutionCtrl control cannot be used with the attribute "spotLightShape1.smapResolution". The attribute type is not compatible with the control type. //
// Error: The mentalrayLightsmapSamplesCtrl control cannot be used with the attribute "spotLightShape1.smapSamples". The attribute type is not compatible with the control type. //
// Error: The mentalrayLightsmapSoftnessCtrl control cannot be used with the attribute "spotLightShape1.smapSoftness". The attribute type is not compatible with the control type. //
// Error: The mentalrayLightsmapBiasCtrl control cannot be used with the attribute "spotLightShape1.smapBias". The attribute type is not compatible with the control type. //
// Error: The mentalrayLightsmapDetailSamplesCtrl control cannot be used with the attribute "spotLightShape1.smapDetailSamples". The attribute type is not compatible with the control type. //
// Error: The mentalrayLightsmapDetailAccuracyCtrl control cannot be used with the attribute "spotLightShape1.smapDetailAccuracy". The attribute type is not compatible with the control type. //

I seem to recall coming across this problem before, and there was some sort of MEL script that changed something with the light, but I of course, can't find that solution no matter how hard I look.

CGTalk Moderation
09-12-2007, 09:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.