PDA

View Full Version : Offsetting Face Bones

_stev_
09-12-2007, 08:13 PM
I am using a facial setup in MB with the "Character Face". It's a bone setup, so I've defined the poses with the "Cluster Shapes Creation."

So, is there a way to offset the original position of the bones and have it offset the already defined poses? I've tried doing this by setting a new rest potition using "Snap Rest" in the Cluster Shapes Creation tab, but the poses don't update, only the rest pose does.

I've also tried merging in the same skinned mesh and bones with different positions, but that doesn't seem to work either.

Any ideas about how to do this? I've looked through the help docs and couldn't find anything applicable.

I'm using MB 7.5.

Thanks everyone,
Stev

bclark
09-12-2007, 10:42 PM
You might have to go back in and resnap the poses at a new size, the expression mapping will stay fine you just have to create new pose snaps.. (scale up a duplicate copy , click the pose, snap the orig to the pose and hit snap).

I will ask for that feature to be added though, could be a bug..

_stev_
09-13-2007, 01:09 AM
Thanks for the reply. I'll give that process a shot.

Stev

CGTalk Moderation
09-13-2007, 01:09 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.