PDA

View Full Version : Clusters irritating problem

Vlad Gabriel
04-03-2003, 11:12 PM
My face model is smooth binded and i 'd created some clusters for some face areas .What doesn't seem to work is when i move the entire body for animation.The eyelids and eye brows are controlled by clusters too and they do some ugly deformation when i move them!
I'm also using the attr Collection script .

Matt Leishman
04-04-2003, 09:24 PM
Hey Vlad,

I hated this problem when I first encountered it. I'm assuming you generated your smooth bind, and THEN you applied clusters to the geometry. This being the case, the reason you are getting crazy deformations with the clusters is due to maya's order of deformation (some call it "firing order"). All you have to do is to tell Maya to recognize the cluster deformers before it recognizes the smooth binding. To do this you must open up Maya's window for editing the Inputs for a given piece of geometry. You can do this by selecting the geometry you have the smooth bind and the clusters on, then by clicking on the icon in the Maya GUI as shown in the attached image. When you click and hold on that icon, go to "All Inputs . . .". This will open up a window called "List of input operations on (your geometry's name here)". In this window you will see that the clusters you created are above the skin cluster node (vertically in the shown stack - refer to the attached image). With your middle mouse, drag the cluster nodes on top of the skin cluster node, and you will see them switch places in the stack. Now you have changed the firing order of the deformations on that geometry and you should no longer have the cluster issues you were having. Hope this helps!!

:bounce:

Matt Leishman
04-04-2003, 09:27 PM
here is the second image i refered to in my original message.

(these images are pretty crappy so hopefully they are of some help)

Vlad Gabriel
04-05-2003, 12:23 AM
Maaaann , u have no idea how helpfull was your answer to my question. I've been looking everywere .The thing is i knew about that deformation order but only for blendshapes ,i didn't knew it was the same story for the clusters.I'm such a dork!!!
Thanks a lot again!

Like Schleiffer sais :"That is the coolest thing!":)

Matt Leishman
04-05-2003, 05:57 AM
Jason is my hero too, so I know exactly what you're feeling man!

I'm glad it helped, now get animating man!!

:thumbsup: :beer:

Vlad Gabriel
04-05-2003, 12:47 PM
i sure will !!! :buttrock:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.