PDA

View Full Version : Is Dirtmap shader available in 64bit version?

gregoriodeltoro
09-12-2007, 08:12 PM
I run a 64 bit render farm so when a freelance artist works on Maya x32 and uses plugins, I need to find the 64 bit versions of those plugins so the scene renders correctly.
I am looking for a x64 version of Dirtmap or any fixes or suggestions for my current problem! Thanks!

mental
09-13-2007, 01:43 AM
Ask them to use mib_amb_occ instead.

Robbert
02-29-2008, 02:32 PM
I really like to have a x64 dirtmap shader too.
Or a 64bit version of the this shader http://www.tomcowland.com/mentalray/tc_curvature/index.html
But I can't compile shaders :-(
Ambient Occlusion is not the same.

DgAPc
07-26-2008, 01:28 AM
I finally found a compiled 64-bit version of Dirtmap. go to this website http://www.shaders.moederogall.com/. Go to the bottom of the webpage where it says 64-bit Muh Shaders and download muh shader x64 dlls. Extract the file and replace the Dirtmap.dll with the original. It should work, well works for me at least. The zip file is some of Daniel Rind's mental ray shaders compiled to 64-bit. Took me 2 hrs to find that damn 64-bit version.

achoury
07-26-2008, 04:28 PM
Ambient Occlusion is not the same.

hi
can you explain please what is the difference between the mib_amb_occ and the dirtmap?
/rachid

alexx
07-28-2008, 04:04 PM
they work the same way: create something between intersecting or close surfaces.

the dirtmap shader was created when maya did not have mentalray implementation. but now the AO shader of mental ray is about 10 times faster than the dirtmap shader.

to get a dirtmap out of the ambient occlusion shader, just map a fractal on the black color

cheers

alex

as i read the above links: maybe you mean another dirtmap shader than i do :)

buonnguqua
07-28-2008, 07:48 PM
to get a dirtmap out of the ambient occlusion shader, just map a fractal on the black color

A simple and super supertrick :applause:

CGTalk Moderation
07-28-2008, 07:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.