PDA

View Full Version : Objects import as bounding box

philnolan3d
09-11-2007, 10:49 PM
I had this problem before and thought it was just my computer, objects made in Lightwave import into Vue as just a bounding box. They render fine, but it makes it very difficult to place them or plasce other objects on/near them. I built a new computer (major upgrade) and loaded my scene and it worked great so I thought that was it. Then I tried loading another object. I get a bounduing box. Is there some trick to making it load as a normal wireframe?

Wabe
09-12-2007, 07:03 AM
Two possibilities.

#1 you have switched the display mode of an object to bounding box, then Vue keeps that setting and all the following imported or loaded objects will be displayed like that. This you simply set back to the display mode you like for each object in the scene that is set to box. Then it should be ok.

#2 your display settings in the preferences are not set to a good value for your system. Play with those sliders in the display preferences and find a good setting for you. Maybe the "enable backdraw thread" button needs to be on (or off - depends how it is right now) as well.

philnolan3d
09-12-2007, 08:08 AM
Thanks, I'll look into that stuff. I have a hard time believing it's my system after this upgrade, but you never know, I'll double check that anyway.

CGTalk Moderation
09-12-2007, 08:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.