PDA

View Full Version : Character: Warlord (traditional media)

LordDubu
04-03-2003, 08:35 PM
She doesn't know it yet, but I'm in the process of putting together an animation especially for my especially special someone. The character you see here:

http://www.studiozion.com/images/warlord500.gif

Is the main protag in that story. In a few days I'll be starting on the models for that animation beginning with this character, who has no other name than "Warlord".

Like all of my current concept work, this is conventional media. Though my recent aquisition of a wacom tablet may see me branching out to electronic sketches as soon as I get the hang of it.

I'd appreciate any feed-back you guys might have... and when I start modeling, I'll start a WIP thread.

Shaloam Y'all

Rizzo
04-03-2003, 10:31 PM
woooooah... it rulez !!!

dont know how it would be on colors but the b&w version rulez...
it would loose its feeling on colors thought... :thumbsup:

SEPHROTH64
04-03-2003, 10:58 PM
cool, looks like colossus

baaah888
04-03-2003, 11:47 PM
sweet looks like a space marine crossed with a knight, love the style as well,

just a pointer rather than crit as its just personal prefrence. The part of the horizen which is bright white draws your eye away from the charachter especially under the arm.

love to see a coloured version and the model when its done.

LordDubu
04-04-2003, 03:42 AM
Rizzo,

Well, B&W is my color scheme of choice :) I have toyed with doing the animation in B&W, or in sepia tone. I'm simply a poor colorist, and I find I do better with the extremes B&W gives me in conveying emotion.

Baah,

If he looks like a space-marine, that make sense. As a teenager I wasted bazillions dollars painting a brigade of dark-angels, in excrutiating detail. I don't know why I did this mind you, as I never found another geek to actually play with.

I agree with you on the white space comment...

The shape you're referring to is actually a low-altitude cloud.

My biggest complaint with this piece is that it turned out too dark, and that darkness deprived the viewer of depth perception...

What's rather hard to make out in the background is that our warlord is on a mountain in the foreground, behind him is a gnarly tree sillohuetted by a valley with a fog-cloud, and beyond that is a mountain.

If you strain you can see these things...

One of the draw-backs to conventional media, is there is no "undo" layer :) so when I applied the wash on this one... i had to live with it being too dark.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.