PDA

View Full Version : Switch Matte in Fusion ?

eapen
09-10-2007, 10:04 PM
Hi,

Im a newbee to fusion. Ive been using shake for the last 3 years. In shake there is a switch matte node transfer the alpha of one element into another. Ive been trying to so the same thing in fusion and just cant seem to do it.

What I am trying to do is to transfer the alpha from a 3d element to that of a background plate. I tried using the merge tool but keep getting merged alphas.

Any help would be appreciated ! thanks

shortcut
09-11-2007, 01:25 AM
Hi eapen,

add a channel boolean, connect your bg plate to the background and the 3d footage to the foreground of the channel bol. On the ch bol itself switch the alpha channel to "Alpha FG". Now your bg plate should have the alpha of the 3d element.

Does this help?

PieterVH
09-12-2007, 08:06 AM
You can find a collection of free tools here which might be very helpful (including a Switch Matte node):

http://www.duikerresearch.com/free/drUtil_v101_fu.html

Cheers.

eapen
09-14-2007, 03:02 PM
thank you soo much for you help. the plugins helped immencly as they made it easy to switch to fusion. thanks again guys !

ps. ill put up the results of my fusion endevour once its done ! :-)

CGTalk Moderation
09-14-2007, 03:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.