PDA

View Full Version : multi pass hardware rendered particles lose colour?

anthonymcgrath
04-03-2003, 05:01 PM
I'm rendering off a particle sequence which used a texture to emit the particles off a nurb plane (so the black areas emit nothing and the lighter areas emit particles). I'm getting good results from this but I'm having a problem when it comes to rendering off the sequence.

I open the hardware renderer and render one frame off by clicking the icon at the bottom of that window. The frame looks great, motion blurred and nice n colourful.

the problem comes when I use the render sequence option. The sequence of particles appears really diluted in colour - almost grayscale!
has anyone else experienced this and if so, did you fix it!

cheers
anth
newcastle
uk

lowkey
04-04-2003, 06:24 AM
i don't know if this might help in your case, but i remember reading something about inaccurate colour values on hardware-rendered particles, occuring from inaccurate depth-positions.

turning on 'depth sorting' was the recommended solution on that issue, but most likely your problem has nothing to do with it at all! :wip:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.