PDA

View Full Version : Hunger, Egil Paulsen (2D)

eparts
09-08-2007, 01:44 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/54915/54915_1189259068_medium.jpg

Title: Hunger
Name: Egil Paulsen
Software: Photoshop

This is a digital painting using mostly two base colours; red and blue. I decided to go for a more rough and brushed look. Makes it look more surreal and distorted. I've experienced that the brushed surface gives the image another dimension that goes 'deeper' behind the it. This way the more important parts stand out more I think.

What are these sketches to me, what are them to you, I canít really tell. They testify the great horror surrounding me everyday. It is a feeling, an essence, a too realistic, almost pessimistic caricature of people who will eat you in every way and gesture. Maybe not every gesture, but if you know what I mean, you know what I mean..

I painted it in Photoshop using only one layer.

Original file size: 63x82 cm (24.7 x 32.5 inches)

Ivy00
09-09-2007, 11:45 AM
I love the colors and the loose style of this painting. 5 stars from me :)

eparts
09-09-2007, 02:21 PM
Thank you very much Ivy00! Glad you liked the colours, even if I go with minimalism.
I almost forgot to add my additional sketch which sort of goes with the same "theme" I'm exploring:
http://www.egilpaulsen.com/images/digital/thirst.jpg
a non-digital drawing! would love to hear your opinions

Oh, and please write me a line instead of rating my post. I get alot more out of a comment instead of a few stars

kayness
09-10-2007, 01:31 PM
Egil I wonder why you paint so big for something speedy :p

eparts
09-10-2007, 08:32 PM
kayness: because its easy to print out on large canvas (for my upcoming exhibition (no date set(no place either.. (but im sure it will be soon))))

CGTalk Moderation
09-10-2007, 08:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.