PDA

View Full Version : video faces

madmotor
09-08-2007, 12:18 AM
does anyone know if there is a way to put video footage onto a poly cube face in maya and have it render out accordingly? I tried following the maya help, but I couldnt find where you turn on "Use Frame Extension" in the instructions or where you load and key the sequence frames

yenvalmar
09-08-2007, 12:35 AM
use image sequence is a property of the file texture attributes, directly under the image name. thats what you have to enable for it to use a movie sequence. by default you should not have to set any keys for it to load the movie, assuming the files are numbered properly as name.###.tga (or whatever type it is), with frame padding so that if you have 100 frame they are numbered 001, etc.

madmotor
09-08-2007, 01:40 AM
thanks for the help but Im still a bit dense : ) all I see under the image name is "Use BOT" "Disable File Load" and "Use Image Sequence" I cant find "Use Frame Extension" anywhere.

DrYo
09-08-2007, 07:46 PM
You want "use image sequence," of course.

In the past Maya has been a bit dodgy about file naming conventions. For example, Maya could render [name####.ext] but could not load it as a sequence. Not sure if this has been fixed yet. So I think the best bet is [name.#.ext].

There is absolutely NO support for loading AVI or Quicktime movies into shader file nodes.

CGTalk Moderation
09-08-2007, 07:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.