PDA

View Full Version : problem - cant do print screen!

FabioMSilva
09-08-2007, 12:13 AM
hi! since i aquired MICROSOFT WIRED 500 keyboard i have been having a lot of problems using the print screen function. sometimes it mysteriously works, when most of the time it doesnt. in photoshop, usually after a print screen if i ordered it to create a new image, it creates an image with the size of the printscreen image. it still knows the resolution, but when i paste it, nothing appears. in Paint, it gives me another message which says it cant past the printscreen cuz it had errors reading the data.

anybody know any way i can surpass this? this is really troublesome for me. please help:shrug:

-fabio

ps:my keyboard is european. i dont have any "FN" key.

Szos
09-08-2007, 12:31 AM
Hmmm... interesting, cuz I have the same problem on my work PC (it's just a regular keyboard). Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I have noticed that when I have quite a few programs running, is when it usually won't work... is that the same situation with you??

If I kill off a bunch of programs and/or reboot it starts working again... major pain in the ass.

FabioMSilva
09-08-2007, 01:05 AM
seems like it. just rebooted and it is working for the moment. but this doenst make sense. i had 2gb before and no matter how much i had running, print screen always worked, and now that i have4gb it doenst?. and it happens on both os(i have dual boot - xp32-3gb and xp64)

this is really problematic

fabio

Szos
09-08-2007, 03:32 AM
Yes, I concur, it is problematic. At work, they use a screengrabbing probem (which unfortunately I can not recall the name of right now), which works even when PrintScreen doesn't, but I am never a fan of loading another program just because the built-in utility isn't working.

I wonder if the problem has anything to do with the size of the swap file, because if you have 4GBs of RAM, it definitely shouldn't be a RAM issue. Or maybe it is a PhotoShop problem all along.

Would be curious to hear if anyone has found a solution.

FabioMSilva
09-08-2007, 08:42 AM
Yes, I concur, it is problematic. At work, they use a screengrabbing probem (which unfortunately I can not recall the name of right now), which works even when PrintScreen doesn't, but I am never a fan of loading another program just because the built-in utility isn't working.

I wonder if the problem has anything to do with the size of the swap file, because if you have 4GBs of RAM, it definitely shouldn't be a RAM issue. Or maybe it is a PhotoShop problem all along.

Would be curious to hear if anyone has found a solution.

it isnt a photoshop problem, as i tried in paint and it doesnt work as well.

lots
09-08-2007, 06:04 PM
Did you install the drivers for your keyboard?

FabioMSilva
09-08-2007, 06:59 PM
yes, i have them installed

imashination
09-09-2007, 12:07 PM
Same problem here, logitech keyboard, radeon gfx card, its always done it, sometimes it just wont copy the screen to the clipboard

CGTalk Moderation
09-09-2007, 12:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.