PDA

View Full Version : Head Lock Question (Specifically, Constraining Question)

Zeusbwr
09-07-2007, 11:40 PM
I'm making a head lock rig and im having trouble getting the constraints to do what i want exactly. I have got it setup currently where the headlock works perfectly, except the blending in and out. The problem is, for example, when you rotate the shoulders with head lock on, and try to blend the headlock off, the head actually reverts to the old (non constrained) position/rotation. This is not what i want. What i am aiming for is to have the head start to drag behind as the constrain is being blended away. Eventually, when the constrain is fully off, the head actually stops where it is. Sort of like the shoulders let go of the head, instead of the head blending back to its old position. This is hard to explain.. :/

So yea. As explained, the problem is when the Constrained object is no longer constrained, it snaps back to its old position.. so hopefully that is explained, because that is basically the opposite of what i want..

Anyway, if you had any clue of what im trying to explain, how can that type of headlock be done?

JohnPark
09-10-2007, 03:56 PM
You may want to try having two different things to constrain to. One in world space and one in shoulder/body/etc. space. Then, when blending between the two you can control things. Typically, you'll want to have the head in body space for a while, then snap the world space locator to that exact orientation, then blend the constraints to the world locator. Now, as you continue to move the character the head will lock in space, without ever popping.
-JP

CGTalk Moderation
09-10-2007, 03:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.