PDA

View Full Version : MIA Conserve Energy

drossxyu
09-07-2007, 06:10 PM
I can't seem to find anything on the 'conserve energy' switch in the BRDF tab of the MIA material both in the help file and on these boards. What does this do exactly?

Thanks,

f

Sphere♥
09-07-2007, 07:51 PM
There is a section in the mia_material Help called "Conservation of energy"; it's also referred to right at the beginning next to "Physically accurate". If you turn this off, then the material might not be physically realistic, depending on the values you input; if you leave it on, it simplifies your life by enabling you to play with different values without worry as they will auto adjust to remain physically accurate.

drossxyu
09-07-2007, 08:07 PM
Thanks sphere! That's what I get for only searching for 'conserve' and 'conserve energy'.

-f

modernPrimitive
09-07-2007, 09:28 PM
I've noticed this creates a more realistic effect overall but I've had some strange behaviour where I had to turn it off. In one case it caused my diffuse to become completely black at certain angles, yet other angles the material displayed the diffuse texture correctly...?

CGTalk Moderation
09-07-2007, 09:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.