PDA

View Full Version : Animated Age test?

grury
09-07-2007, 11:45 AM
I would like to have an animated age test. Was pretty sure that this could be done with the standard Age Test, but not really, it isnt animatable. Would like the particles on one event to move on to the next event shorter and shorter, over time. My brain seems to be fried this afternoon, cant quite think of a quick solution.

Cheers.

Wicked
09-07-2007, 05:21 PM
This might be usefull: Slowing down particle aging (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=206&t=521623)

grury
09-08-2007, 08:32 AM
Thanks for reply Wicked, altho not sure I can use that for what I want (may be am wrong as I know nothing about scripting).

What I'm trying to do is having the Age test (Age Event) at frame 0 - Test Value=25 and at frame 50 - Test Value=1, for exemple.

Cheers.

OlegB
09-08-2007, 11:13 AM
Yes, the standard Age Test is limited in this department. The issue can be resolved either with Scripting or Box#3.

Thanks,
Oleg B.

grury
09-08-2007, 11:21 AM
Thanks Oleg,

We just invested in Krakatoa and a few more Box 1 licenses, so Box 3 isnt an option right now.
I'll have to do it the cheap way..use diferent deflectors to send particles to events with diferent Age Test values, harder to setup, but as I dont know scripting, will have to doi.

Thanks

CGTalk Moderation
09-08-2007, 11:21 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.