PDA

View Full Version : Altering a group of lights

kelasa
09-06-2007, 08:48 PM
I have a set of the same type of lights ex. "GiJoe".

I wouild like to be able to open a menu and change the characteristic of one light and have it change the same characteristic for the rest of the lights in the group.

What is this menu? How can I open it?

DrYo
09-06-2007, 09:07 PM
You can make your lights instances, and that would allow you to change all of their attributes simultaneously.

Otherwise you can go to Window > General Editors > Attribute Spread Sheet. Select all of your lights. Go to the Shape Keyable tab. Highlight all of the desired cells in the spread sheet and enter a new value.

If the attribute you want is not found in the Shape Keyable tab, then you can go to the All tab. To make it easier on yourself, you can make certain attributes keyable. Select the lights' Shape nodes in the Hypergraph, then open the Channel Control window. There you can make the relevant attributes keyable, and they'll appear in the Shape Keyable section of the Attribute Spread Sheet.

kelasa
09-06-2007, 10:18 PM
Super!

I appreciate your help.

andriydeen
09-07-2007, 08:49 AM
you can download from highend3d.com script lightGirl and altering agroup of light

CGTalk Moderation
09-07-2007, 08:49 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.