PDA

View Full Version : Hair + air?How?

mahmoudcg
09-05-2007, 06:25 PM
hi guys
I searched for this in the forums but couldn't find an answer
How can I make hair affected with air
the way I do it(which is not workin) is by selecting the hair system and create air, however it gives me an error(it needs a particle object not a hair)
is there a way I can affect a hair with directional wind? I'm aware of the hair system turbulence parameters but I need to affect hair from a direction . any help on that plz

Morganette
09-05-2007, 07:32 PM
Select the hair and use Field --> Uniform

It works better.

mahmoudcg
09-06-2007, 09:55 AM
thanks for the reply Morganette, I still can't apply the field to the hair system, it gives the same error, it needs a particle object to be applied to and not a hair system. I can't make hair be affected by force fields, am I doing it wrong or missing something? I simply select the hair system and choose fields ->uniform

particlefx
09-06-2007, 10:20 AM
Hi...
goto dynamicrelationtionship editor....
select the hair and the fields which needs to be affected it will work...

cheers.

Morganette
09-06-2007, 01:04 PM
thanks for the reply Morganette, I still can't apply the field to the hair system, it gives the same error, it needs a particle object to be applied to and not a hair system. I can't make hair be affected by force fields, am I doing it wrong or missing something? I simply select the hair system and choose fields ->uniform

If particlefx's comment doesn't work, are you selecting hairSystem# in the outliner?

Duncan
09-06-2007, 08:53 PM
When you click on the actual hair you are selecting either output hair nurbs curves, or a pfxHair node. However the fields currently require selection of the hairSystem node (the particle-like icon at the center of the hair system). As mentioned you could also select it in the outliner if desired.

Duncan

mahmoudcg
09-07-2007, 11:35 AM
guys you are correct!! I was selecting the follicles node, now it works by applying to the hairsystem node. you guys are great, thanks for everyone.

CGTalk Moderation
09-07-2007, 11:35 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.