PDA

View Full Version : Vue 6 xStream 3DS plugin

sw1984
09-05-2007, 05:52 PM
I just purchased Vue 6 xStream. I am trying to integrate it with 3DS Max 9. Documentation for this process in not very informative, and the people at e-on didn't help much.

Whenever I attempt to start a new scene (Utilities>more...>Vue6 xStream>New Scene> OK) it crashes 3DS Max and gives me an ambiguous message: "application error - an error has occured and the application will now close"

So far, Vue's integration with other programs seems terrible, and its native renderer is pitiful when it comes to architectural visualization.

If someone will be so kind as to provide me with some sort of quick walkthrough on how to set up a scene using the Vue plugin, I would greatly appreciate it, otherwise I am getting rid of the program for good.

Solomon
09-06-2007, 02:39 PM
hi

don't give up yet

the Xstream plugin is still so so when it comes to integration - personally I am still waiting for more stable implementation - but in the meantime, I am using the VOB exporter from MAX to take my models from Max to Vue infinite - what that format does, is that it takes your textures, animations etc from Max and loads it inside of vue - then you can scale, rotate etc inside of Vue and create the enviroment as you wish

It's actually decent for architectural renders.

Phalse
09-09-2007, 02:00 AM
Sorry mispost, my bad, N/T

kevnich00
09-10-2007, 12:31 AM
What are your machine spec? Do you have enough memory to run the two applications at once?
Max should be in OpenGL mode and using the Mentalray renderer.
Do you have the latest Vue build?

sw1984
09-10-2007, 07:49 PM
Max is in Open GL and mentalray is set as the renderer. I have the latest Vue and 3ds build.

Specs: Windows Pro, 3G Pentium 4 processor, 128Mb video card, 2G RAM

kevnich00
09-10-2007, 08:16 PM
My machine is pretty weak (AMD 2600+, quadro980, 1.5gb ram), but I don't have problems until my memory starts to get thin with big poly scenes in Vue.

The steps you describe for strarting Vue in Max are correct, but try it the other way around to see if you can get a connection.
Start a Vue scene, pick an atmosphere (something simple) and create something in it like a populated terrain, and save the file as a vue scene.
Close Vue.
Open Max and hit the "load Scene" in the Vue utility panel instead of "New Scene". Try to load the saved Vue scene. Is there a different result?
If that works hit the "load interface" button to see if Vue will open, and not crash Max. Of course, save often.

betog88
04-17-2008, 03:40 PM
how can i get the vob exporter?
I used to have 3ds max 8 and I could exporter in .vob, but now that I have 3ds max 9 I canīt export it as .vob, is there some plug-in it most be download?

CGTalk Moderation
04-17-2008, 03:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.