PDA

View Full Version : Trailer for "Stephen King's The Mist"

Cig74
09-05-2007, 01:15 AM
Not much of a thread starter, but being an avid reader of King's books, and admirer of Frank Darabont's work ("The Shawshank Redemption", "The Green Mile") I couldn't resist posting this. This actually looks like it will be a GOOD Stephen King adaptation, which is rare. AND the renowned Cafe FX are working on the VFX.

HERE'S THE LINK (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809834165/video/3906309/standardformat/)

stewartjones
09-05-2007, 01:19 PM
Wow, this looks really neat, although I felt it was a little cheezy! :D

aaraaf
09-05-2007, 03:28 PM
It's amazing... every time Darabont touches a King story he nails the visuals for me.

That store is EXACTLY like I pictured it, right down to the font and color on the outside.

I'm really looking forward to this one!

Feyd-Rautha
09-05-2007, 05:37 PM
I'm not normally a horror fan, but this looks really good. :applause:

DaJuice
09-05-2007, 07:45 PM
It's amazing... every time Darabont touches a King story he nails the visuals for me.

That store is EXACTLY like I pictured it, right down to the font and color on the outside.

I'm really looking forward to this one!

You said it. Everything here looks pretty much like I imagined it in my head.
And the trailer looks good, got me pretty excited. :bounce:

ElecHeadMatt
09-05-2007, 09:14 PM
This is the Stephen King story that was inspiration for Half-Life. Looks kinda cheesy, but I like the whole ordinary-people-survival atmosphere.

YankyBJeans
09-05-2007, 09:42 PM
I will post my agreement that this actually looks to be a great stephen king adaptation. my favorite tales of his have always been the shorter ones, like the mist and the long walk.

im glad this story, one of my alltime favorites, is getting some action. i just hope they dont ruin the end and make it some rediculous hollywood "everyone wins ending". thats not how it ends in the story and thats one of the best things about it. its bleak and leaves you wondering.

switchblade327
09-06-2007, 01:19 PM
I'd be a lot more interested if we hadn't seen the tentacle or the little dragon thing. Most Stephen King-based movies are notorious for great suspense throughout, then pissing it away in the last moments by revealing the scary thing was actually some cheesy monsters.

Smartypants
09-08-2007, 12:07 AM
I remember reading The Mist back in the day. It scared the daylights out of me, and the story has stuck with me. You should read it.

I'm glad to see it made into a feature. The trailer looks pretty good, although they don't need to give away the farm in showing us the monsters. I'll probably go see this one.

Phalse
09-13-2007, 01:55 AM
Did any of you guys read this?

They go to another store and fight crazy spider insects and those flying things, I think the mist has a lot of different monsters in it and the small insects and dragon thing are only a few of the monsters, it is a little DATED but its not cheesy. I read this story a couple times and I like it a lot. The movie looks adapted well except the crazy lady who wants to kill the boy should be like a crazy old lady witch not a semi-hot 45 year old chick :)

CGTalk Moderation
09-13-2007, 01:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.