PDA

View Full Version : smooth bind broken

fanmap81
09-04-2007, 07:34 PM
im trying to bind my character to my rig but only the torso and hip controls work with the mesh while the other controls wen i move them, do not move the mesh (the arms, legs). Only the bones move. i selected the root joint and then the skin to bind, so now i dont know whats going on, First time having this problem. Can anyone help me? itd be greatly appreciated. Thanks

yenvalmar
09-04-2007, 08:27 PM
make sure the first smooth bind option is set to "joint heirarchy" instead of "selected joints".

fanmap81
09-04-2007, 10:41 PM
thanks but thats what it was on originally. It seems that that isn't what's causing my problem. Any other suggestions?

yenvalmar
09-04-2007, 11:49 PM
at all? like in the component editor or when u paint skin weight.

ErikSvensson
09-04-2007, 11:54 PM
Delete the history before bind. Also, when you've bound it , see if the channels are grey for translation and rotation on the mesh, otherwise it may not be properly setuped.
:thumbsup:

Erik

isoparmB
09-05-2007, 06:37 AM
To make sure that only the joints you want to influence your rig end up actually end up in the skinCluster, shift select each joint one by one, then shift select the geometry and smooth bind with the Bind To option set to Selected Joints (make sure maintain max influences is turned off, causes headaches later when it comes to weighting). You will need to skin weight this later on if you're not getting exactly the deformation you want.

CGTalk Moderation
09-05-2007, 06:37 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.