PDA

View Full Version : Rigging Challenge 3 : mini challenge : flour bag

twidup
09-02-2007, 12:20 PM
Yup, doing the classic flour bag rig. This is just a mini challenge, so just two quick weeks to work on it.

simple, yet fun...needs to be able to be animated like a character so treat the corners as arms/legs, needs an effective way to flex the bag.

Oh, and it needs some softbodies setup and controllable on the bag as well.

cheers
-todd

kiusuke
09-03-2007, 03:24 PM
i don't know if i would have time to do but it's an interesting idea. :)

deatheater4ever
09-04-2007, 08:40 AM
The last chaaleenge i participated in was a big letdown for me. I just coudnt rig ar ealistic face which showed how unskilled I was. Making all those blendshapes looked easy in the beginning but in the end i just coudnt get them right. I just pulled out because of my own ineffectiveness.
I think I can make the flour bag ,will help me get back to the basics,..........just have a little clue about softbodies in regards to the the flour bag , ...............i think i'll try to use maya's jiggle deformers and some influence objects........now that i have a fairly clear idea of them .

So are we allowed to use Jiggle deformers or do we just have to use the software's softbody dynamics ?

twidup
09-09-2007, 12:50 PM
doesnt matter how you achieve the softbody look ;)

The challenge will officially start today I guess, since no one posted last week

-todd

Tripple-I
09-12-2007, 03:03 AM
well, i was gonna do it last week but of course my computer knows im moving to LA in three weeks (job hunting. . . peeps me) and decided to get an infection, a bad one, lost a lot of stuff, and it sucks, bad.
Anyways since you so graciously extended it, i think i just may have to.
When's the new due date, 21st? 23rd? 29th?

twidup
09-12-2007, 09:14 PM
sometime in the near future. I will announce the end a few days before

kiusuke
09-27-2007, 07:38 PM
i did it last week but it's seem there's nobody anymore here :/.

twidup
09-27-2007, 09:25 PM
yup, no one has posted. was going to call the challenge closed tomorrow too

-todd

adamghering
10-01-2007, 01:46 AM
What will the next challenge be?

twidup
10-03-2007, 04:51 PM
check the modeling challenge.

teh next challenge is going to start with some concept art, get a model made, then rigged, etc

-todd

twidup
10-13-2007, 11:52 AM
yup, all rigs must be submitted by Oct 15th, thats 2 days from now.

-todd

JorelLatraille
10-15-2007, 12:12 PM
damn I should have kept an eye on this... would have done this challenge :( oh well look forward to the next one. :thumbsup:

Dragwah
11-10-2007, 04:04 PM
Are we getting another rigging challenge soon?

twidup
11-10-2007, 06:06 PM
the co-op challenge is suppose to be starting up soon, but I havent heard from Robert when.

otherwise, not till after the first of the year, unless someone else has time to run one.

-todd

deatheater4ever
11-12-2007, 09:51 AM
Thanks Todd,
I ve been watchching the progress in the Hardcore Modelling Challenge and there are a great number of hi-res muscular models that would prove a worthy challenge to rig. i thinhk that callenge would finish up by late November .... so could the rigging challenge start around mid December ??

twidup
11-14-2007, 06:49 AM
yeah, the original idea was to have the modelers do their rigs as well, but I think we are going to try to get an obj of some of the models for use in the rigging challenge.

-todd

fanger
11-25-2007, 09:06 AM
Hey Todd,
A question....so does that rule out the oppurtunity, where one could model and rig the challenge himself???( for the next challenge that is), is it gonna be mandatory that one use the models created in the modeling vhallenge?

mttjss
11-26-2007, 12:30 AM
Hey Todd,

Now that the Hardcore challenge has ended, will we be using one of those models for the rigging challenge?
I really like the werewolf rig that one the challenge and would make an interesting challenge to rig this like feature film quality, but I am up for it.

Matt -

deatheater4ever
12-14-2007, 05:02 AM
Hey Todd ,

what happened to the rigging challenge that we were supposed to do from the models from the Haloween Monsters models ? Is it still on ?

instruct9r
01-08-2008, 09:54 AM
twidup
It was going to be nice if you at least anounce the winners of every challenge (a thread where you only anounce winners and show their work or something like that) what's the point for us to participate in those challenges when we don't even get the smallest prize like "You are the winner"...

twidup
01-13-2008, 01:54 AM
Never heard back from Roberto about it.

As for the winners, they have been announced.

deatheater4ever
01-15-2008, 06:12 AM
I think we should move along with a new challenge. The guys at the Hardcore Modeling challenge are quite busy with thier own stuff . So It's best we move on to a new challenge . We aould try and ask any of the modelers to loan us a good model ........... like a hybrid creature like a centaur ..... if anyone is willing to.

prashp143
01-16-2008, 02:16 PM
hey, is dis riggin challenge still open...? if yes, den i'll b interested... :-)

twidup
01-16-2008, 04:40 PM
I am working on some ideas, gotta get a model, I think this next one is going to be only a part of a character, but a cool challenge still

look for more info on Monday

-todd

deatheater4ever
01-17-2008, 05:58 AM
Only a part of a model , eh ?

I guess it might be a head ...... or someting different like a wing .

Todd , I noticed above your avatar "Iorek Birnenson's barber"..... did you work on Iorek in the Golden Compass ?
Coz that bear is totally awesome !!

twidup
01-17-2008, 06:34 PM
yeah, I was at Framestore on TGC, did a bunch of pipeline tools for the creature TD group, to help speed up our workflow for skin jiggling and fur work, as well as the armour.

it was a lot of fun.

Well, on the challenge topic...I have the model, bwahahahaha, all will be revealed on Monday. because of the complexity of what has to be done, everyone will get 4 weeks to do it.

-todd

schobes
01-19-2008, 01:32 AM
Sweet! I'm here just in time for this. Bring it on!

prashp143
01-21-2008, 10:21 PM
hey todd, m xcited 4 da challenge... wen r u gonna put it on 4 us...?

- prashh...:bounce:

CGTalk Moderation
01-21-2008, 10:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.