PDA

View Full Version : Multipass Rendering just objects??

SiliconDioxide
09-01-2007, 11:29 PM
I have a scene with multiple complex object and when I try to render the whole thing maya crashes. I was wondering if Multipass rendering will work better for complex scenes. If so, is there a way to render out each selected objects once and then make it render out another object like in a sequence instead of every object in my scene at once? and I want every object within my scene together instead of compositing it in photoshop or after effects (doesn't really work well when compositing different elements within a scene that are overlapping.)

i'm using Mental Ray to render out my scene and all I have is just a basic complex model with no textures and a simple sun direction lighting from mental ray.

The only tutorials I see for MPR is how to render just one simple object dealing with occlusions, shadows, diffuse, etc...

some help would be appreciate :D

CGTalk Moderation
09-01-2007, 11:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.