PDA

View Full Version : MY first Head Model

qaisar
09-02-2007, 01:07 AM
Hello every one,,,:)
its my first post here, sharing a Model of a HEAD, it is first time i model somthing organic.
Modeled on 3ds Max and render with Mental ray.
CnCs are most welcome, if any one think there is A or many errorz thn plz let me kno..
suggest me how to improve.....

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/7486/basicmrskinshaderwr6.jpg

Intervain
09-05-2007, 07:30 PM
that's an excellent start - pretty impressive for the first model :) as to suggestions - remember that the upper eyelid always overlaps the lower one and the same goes for the upper lips... the lower lip goes inside the corner of the mouth and underneath the upper lip!other than that - real nice and keep at it :)

qaisar
09-06-2007, 06:54 AM
@Intervain
Many many thanks for tips.......but here is a problem, im not an english guy so things are a little bit difficult to understand for me, here im trying to repeat your word..... "the upper eyelid always overlaps the lower one" means when the eye is close the upper eyelid is over the lower eyeled. "the same goes for the upper lips" means the upper lip will be a bit outside and the lower lip will be slightly inside...........

really nice tips....
one more thing i want to ask ...that the position of the ear is ok or not, one dud says its not ok....what i analyse that the top of the ear align with the top of eyebrow and the lower part of the ear align with the nostril "slightly up"......is it right or not.....

qaisar
09-06-2007, 06:58 AM
@Intervain
Many many thanks for tips.......but here is a problem, im not an english guy so things are a little bit difficult to understand for me, here im trying to repeat your word..... "the upper eyelid always overlaps the lower one" means when the eye is close the upper eyelid is over the lower eyeled. "the same goes for the upper lips" means the upper lip will be a bit outside and the lower lip will be slightly inside...........

really nice tips....
one more thing i want to ask ...that the position of the ear is ok or not, one dud says its not ok....what i analyse that the top of the ear align with the top of eyebrow and the lower part of the ear align with the nostril "slightly up"......is it right or not.....

Intervain
09-06-2007, 11:26 AM
@Intervain

really nice tips....

you got me right :) and yes the ear looks fine - it would have been nice to see the profile of the character as well as the front view but still looks good to me :)

qaisar
09-06-2007, 12:47 PM
thanks once again Intervain...im pretty clear about the problemz kno..soon i'll update this model..i fix some issue like the gab between nose and upper lip :( and here im adding a side view of this model ...........
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7817/sidelp9.jpg

qaisar
09-10-2007, 07:02 AM
Hello everyone ,,i fixed some issues in this model ....so please comments...if it is ok..or what u dont link
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9076/headfixve9.jpg

nitrocom
09-10-2007, 09:18 AM
Hi there,

I'm not sure about my critics because it would be more clear after texturing but in my opinion, your model has a problem with top of head's scale and its forehead...

On the other hand I'm not sure about your modelling progress (May be you want it to be look like a cartoon style) but playing with the scales of the face could be very good for your model!

At the end of all, as a VFXArtist candidate, I can't even model a simple face, so it looks very good to me even in a untextured situation. I'm sure it will be much much better after texturing...

C ya!

qaisar
09-10-2007, 12:03 PM
Hello nitrocom,
Actually its my first ever organic model, so my primary focus is on good topology and right Facial Details and you are right about Cartoon thing, actually the reference i used to model this Head was taken from a tutorial ...which is at 3dTotal.. :P. its not actual a human reference, it is just a cartoon sketch........
im thinking that i should stop working on this project here, and start modeling a new face, in which i use a human photo referances......to batter understand the topoloy and details.........

nitrocom
09-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Yeaa good idea!

One thing to notice : Realistic ones could help you better to improve your skills!

Good Job, keep working :)

Hitchcock
10-04-2007, 10:19 AM
always start a project off with as much reference images as you can from what you are going to be modelling. In production there are countless concept images for stuff that can not be found in the natural world. When modelling make sure you get images of the head from a 3/4 view so that you can get the distance of the eye to ear distance correct. A straight on shot will make the ear appear farther back that it actually is, and side image will make it look slightly closer to the eyes that it actually is. So it would probably be a good idea to start the attempt again. But make sure you watch the scale.

Try using www.3d.sk (http://www.3d.sk) for reference images.

qaisar
10-05-2007, 04:41 AM
@Hitchcock
big thanks for the tips dud, next time i will be very carefull...........

HapZungLam
10-24-2007, 08:54 PM
on top of all previous suggesions i think i'd try to add more definition to the eyebrows and the forehead. You may try to push the forehead in a little to make it flatter instead of perfectly rounded. From there you may then try to sketch out where you want the eyebrow will be. Pull out those relative faces out to form the basic shape of the eyebrow bone. Continue with that then post an update to see how it goes.

dyna-mic
10-25-2007, 12:30 PM
cool start!
i want to start modeling faces too!

susha
01-22-2008, 06:14 AM
good work budyy great start .....

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/7486/basicmrskinshaderwr6.jpg[/QUOTE]

CGTalk Moderation
01-22-2008, 06:14 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.