PDA

View Full Version : Vue6 xStream Network Rendering through Backburner

4 low
09-01-2007, 03:25 AM
Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction toward getting Vue6 xStream files to render in Vue through Backburner using the RenderBull network?

Right now I have a series of nodes that have RenderBulls running, and have been unsucessful at getting Vue to launch a render through Backburner.

My problems start when it comes time to add the command line to execute. Using the documentation as a reference, I have typed in the example command line provided, and cannot get that to work with backburner. As a recourse, I have tried getting the node to launch notepad.exe as also detailed in the documentation, which works. However, I cannot get Backburner to show a new job in the que, so something is not right, I just don't know where to look.

I know I'm doing something wrong, but have no idea what it is, or where to begin looking. If anyone has any suggestions, they would be greately appreciated. Thanks.

Lehel3d
10-29-2007, 12:44 PM
Hi!

If you want use renderbull, i advice to you the frantic deadline rendermanager. That manage almost every popular 2d, and 3d software, also the renderbull. ( http://www.franticfilms.com/software/ ) I think the backburner manage just autodesk (discreet) products. I'm affraid the backburner can't manage maya also...

Have a good work without frozen and bugs!

Megalodon
11-03-2007, 01:26 AM
Hi!

If you want use renderbull, i advice to you the frantic deadline rendermanager. That manage almost every popular 2d, and 3d software, also the renderbull. ( http://www.franticfilms.com/software/ ) I think the backburner manage just autodesk (discreet) products. I'm affraid the backburner can't manage maya also...

Have a good work without frozen and bugs!

From the e-on FAQ for xStream:

Can I use network rendering with xStream?
Yes. You can use any Max/Maya/LightWave/Cinema 4Ddistributed network rendering solution (such as Backburner).

So... there must be a way to configure xStream with Backburner. Did you post on the e-on forum? If not, try there - quite a bit of Max/Maya/Cinema/Lightwave users inhavit that forum.

Lehel3d
11-03-2007, 03:48 PM
Hi Megalodon!
Do you think the Backburner can manage fusion renderslave, realflow cmdline also? Becouse 2 years ago it couldn't. So the bug is in my ears now. :)
But i advice everybody just try deadline! To managing that better than backburner. Better group, pool managing, easier rerendering just frames, not the all task, good connection with vnc (i can watch the renderfarm from my machine with doubleclick :) ),.... many, many small details, and more stabil managing, becouse don't use manager program, just a repository directory tree. But it's not free, need to pay for that.

Sorry for my bad english! :)

Megalodon
11-04-2007, 12:39 AM
Your english is fine!

The Frantic software looks good. I'd try it but I currently use ButterflyNetRender and love it. If I were looking for new rendermanager software I would check it out.

I have no idea how well BackBurner really works since I don't have it - just know is is "supposed" to work with xStream and Max, etc.

CGTalk Moderation
11-04-2007, 12:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.