PDA

View Full Version : File Out Time Range

perpen
08-31-2007, 08:35 PM
I have several File Out nodes to render in my project but I want diferent render time ranges for each of them. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance.

pgraham
09-05-2007, 08:36 PM
Not inside of Shake. You can make a shell script that renders the fileouts one by one and specifies a frame range for each render.

perpen
09-11-2007, 08:29 AM
Thanks, I'll try to write this script.

NickJushchyshyn
09-27-2007, 03:38 AM
I know I'm posting a few days late, but maybe this will help if you haven't worked out your script yet...

The zip file linked below contains a simple example shake file and bash render script to show how it works.
You can download from here:
http://www.nickfx.com/cow/cow_shk_foranged.zip

There's a shake script with two color nodes, a text overlay to add the frame counter and a pair of fileouts.
There's also a bash script that renders each of the fileouts using a different frame range.

Extract the files to some trash directory.
Open terminal and navigate to the directory containing the files and enter this command:
sh foscript.sh

This should execute the bash script which will write out two, 5-frame quicktimes. Test1.mov will be Red, frames 6-10, and Test2.Mov will be Blue, frames 1-5.

The trick is in the foscript. It contains two lines:
shake -exec fotest.shk -node BlueFO -v -t 1-5
shake -exec fotest.shk -node RedFO -v -t 6-10

"shake -exec fotest.shk" simply tells shake to execute a specific script
"-node BlueFO" and "-node RedFO" asks shake to render a specific fileout node, by name.
"-v" is just asking shake to run in verbose mode so you can see information about the render.
"-t 1-5" and "-t 6-10" specifies which frames to render.

Hope this helps.
Have fun.

beaker
09-28-2007, 07:50 AM
You can do it in a single command by using the -render flag. So using Nick's example, you would do a:

shake -exec fotest.shk -render BlueFO 1-5 -render RedFO 6-10 -vv

You can set a -t if you want, but it's not necessary. It will look as if it is rendering every frame but really its just rendering the frames you told it to.

CGTalk Moderation
09-28-2007, 07:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.