PDA

View Full Version : place object in front of the perpcam

X-Tender
04-02-2003, 11:08 AM
ho,

did someone know how i can move a object along the normal of a cam? so that i can place an object in front of my view ?! .. e.g. if i import an object it is always on the position where i exported it .. but now i want that is appear in front of my view .. so i wanted to place it first on the position of the cam and then move it away along the normal of the camera ... maybe someone have an other sollustion

-XT

mark_wilkins
04-02-2003, 11:13 AM
Parent it to the camera, move it in local Z (I think), then unparent it?

-- Mark

X-Tender
04-02-2003, 11:47 AM
/me vote mark_wilkins for President!

It Works! :thumbsup: Thanx mate!

another question .. if it possible to query if an object is full vissible or not (e.b. i use the method that oyu told me to place the object .. then i want ask "Hey, if the object is not completly viewable .. move it more away!)

-XT

ajk48n
04-23-2003, 10:24 PM
You might be able to check if any vertices on the object are closer to the camera then the camera's near clipping plane. If they are, move the object back some more.

X-Tender
04-24-2003, 01:03 PM
Woho .. thanx.. i try it out after work .. then i post it if i god an result ...

PS ... how did i get the clipping plane of an cam ;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.