PDA

View Full Version : How do I use the synch plugin?

pitrie17
08-30-2007, 06:07 PM
Hi again, I hope someone out there has an answer to my question. I've animated a camera in C4D and want to import the camera and it's movement/keyframes/etc... into Vue. I've read that the synch plugin should be able to do this but everytime I synchronize my C4D camera and switch over to Vue, it updates momentarily to my camera, but as soon as I press play on the timeline, it goes back to Vue's camera and not mine. Any help here would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Phalse
09-02-2007, 10:13 AM
I'm new to Vue but I remember reading in the manual that Vue is very specific about not removing its main camera.
It's main camera is overriding your sync, some how you have to change vue to use your new camera as default so it does not keep using the main camera.

Like I said I'm new to vue but you could try to change the advanced camera settings after you sync again but before you run the imported camera.

4 low
09-02-2007, 08:29 PM
Once you have exported you sync data from C4d or whatever package, you'll want to select the main camera in vue, then go to the animation tab, scroll down the animation options to Synchronized. Then go to Animation > Load Synchronized data, and choose to load in the file you saved from C4D. Once that is done, you should see the camera show up in the window under the Synchronized tab in the animation panel. Select the camera from that window, and your viewport should be updated automatically to align with the sync'ed camera.

CGTalk Moderation
09-02-2007, 08:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.