PDA

View Full Version : A newb question

Jann-Lee
04-09-2002, 01:03 AM
Hey all,

i'm about to purchase a Miro Studio DC10+ video capture card for my parents their old Hi-8 cam (analog) (which is gonna be mine hehe).

Now i was wondering, can i do cool stuff with it?
Like can i film stuff and add my own Maya models to the film? (would be wicked:P).

Or am i limited to what the gvin software gives me for effects.
So to make a loong story short,
what exactly is possible?

thanks

shadow
04-09-2002, 07:43 AM
I also have the DC10+ and you can do whatever you would like with it but not with that crappy Studio Software thats bundled with it.

When you have the DC10+ installed, you have a special DC10+ hardware codec that you can use. So when you export your movie in any videoprogram do it in this codec (check your manual for resolutions and other settings) Then import it into Studio and export it to tape.

I don't use the DC10+ anymore, because I use Windows XP and Pinnacle Systems still has no drivers for XP. And also because I'm using firewire for export now.

Jann-Lee
04-09-2002, 04:06 PM
damn, i have XP. I didnt know it didnt run with it. (its ordered allready though)

Jann-Lee
04-11-2002, 10:46 PM
btw, there are some XP drivers for Pinnacle.
Its some work but they are there and they work!:)

thanks for the help!

(btw any sites regarding basic videocapturing tips guides etc?)

henry
04-20-2002, 04:28 PM
hey Jean-Lee i'm into after effects for a long time now, and visual effects in general and the one imortant tip i can offer you is, if you're gonna add one of those 3d models you did make sure you put the camera on a stable place and use as little motion in the camera as possible if you have to move it, beacuse later on you'll have to go deeper to tracking etc etc which are a real pain in the ass..

as for sites with tips try http://www.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/select_forum.cgi?forum=cowmunications

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.