PDA

View Full Version : portfolio critique

ern
04-02-2003, 04:02 AM
hi!

this is my portfolio website....still got some bugs that have not been fix yet....
look through it and tell me what u think...

http://sg.geocities.com/redruby_sg

3rdDimension
04-02-2003, 08:48 PM
I like it! The site came out real good. I guess because of the layout of the website, I get the impression that you come from a traditional animation background. You most definetly have to put some kind of indication that the website is loading. It could be a precentage bar or just text stating that the next page is loading. Other than that, great job!:applause:

p.s. the stickman walking on animation in the beginning might be just a tad bit to long, but not to much.

Web Guy
04-02-2003, 10:32 PM
I also enjoyed it and really liked the animation and interactive feel of the site. Easy to use navigation but you need to make it where you click on the guy in the beggining after the intro more noticable..Took me a little to find how to enter with out hitting the skip button.:applause:

ern
04-03-2003, 02:41 AM
thanks guys..!!

ya, i am a final year students. We fundamental in 2d animation here in my course b4 touching on 3d.

about the stickman walking...that was supposed to be the intro page..not the loading.. i have yet to put the loading page..

i agree that the stickman walking is taking too long...i intend to change that after i graduate which is in 2 mths time...right now i'm a bit bz with my portfolios...

abt the indication thing to enter, there's suppose to be an arrow pointing towards the head of the guy....but sumhow it didnt turnup when i upload it...need to check it..

Web Guy
04-03-2003, 06:23 AM
I got to say one more thing. I love the site overall, but after going back again I have to say I hate the little cheesy looking logo animation with the lens flare look thru the middle of it. It just looks so...ummmm, hey I just went to flashkit.com and found a old tutorial and copied it. Anyways just letting you know, not being harsh.

maelstrom
04-10-2003, 03:10 PM
good start, but you definitely need to use a preloader!

fraggle two
04-11-2003, 08:18 AM
hi,

all in all a good concept, but i noticed that there is a little thing in the first flash intro for e-learning...

u should make an rectangel above the letters as hit area in your flash button settings... then u can go sure that the link is one thing and not so flickering when u move your mouse along it...

hope u know what i mean...

move on...

m.b.

ern
04-14-2003, 10:46 AM
errr...sorry fraggle two...i done understand what do ya mean...

wgreenlee1
04-15-2003, 07:22 AM
Did anyone else notice that if you are in one link and you click on another "exposed link" that things get pretty jarbled up?

ern
04-15-2003, 08:47 AM
hey thanks man..! i didnt realize that...actually for that profile animation, i use an external movie...then i realize there's quite a problem when i use that....so i just embed all the other animations in...i didnt use external movie file for the rest...:rolleyes:

Per-Anders
04-15-2003, 10:06 PM
ok, the animation needs to speed up a little, it's too long to wait for between clicking on something and you getting the result you want, max two seconds. using such zoomed in details as icons defeats their point as mini samples of what you'reabout to see, instead take samples form slightly further out. there needs to be a preloader, and dump the intro altogether unless you can get it down to a maximum of five seconds length. if you're going to have flash animations on the site, better to have them in their own section where you can really showcase them rather than allowing them to get annoying.

ern
04-16-2003, 06:33 AM
wooo....slow it down a little man.....

i'm still green......but i agree what u've said....the intro is slow...and i need to speed it up.....

same goes for other animations too...

i will fix it soon coz now i'm a bit of busy for the graduation....

and thanks alot for the comments.....!:bounce:

ern
04-25-2003, 05:45 AM
here's the new link....not much of a change but the links are all fix..

ern
04-25-2003, 05:46 AM
www34.brinkster.com/ infinitydzgn

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.