PDA

View Full Version : Bonsai

cttporky
08-29-2007, 07:16 PM
This is the film I did for my final MA project. It's a short 3D animation about a robot who strolls along something life-altering...

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/657/attachmentimagehv5.jpg

You can watch it here (Stage 6). (http://stage6.divx.com/user/cttporky/video/1580080/Bonsai) Hope you like it and all comments welcome!

Creature
08-29-2007, 07:23 PM
Really liked your environments and texture work :D

grantmoore3d
08-30-2007, 01:45 AM
Wow, really nice detail! It rendered out beautifully.

The only thing that I think you could improve on, was the motion of the robot. Perhaps add in a little bit of swaying, little bit of overshooting his motion and slight corrections. Basically think of a uni-cyclist and how they move. Of course the robot can be better, but it will still have slightly incorrect movements that needs correction.

Fdv
08-30-2007, 01:39 PM
Visually this is great; the models and textures look good, but the animation is lacking. Try to implement moving holds into your animation rather than just leaving things completely still - the second something stops moving completely in animation, it dies. Also, as Grant said, if the robot actually moved more like a unicyclist, the wheel would constantly be moving, with the robot's body rocking on top of it, simply in order to stay upright.

Also, I didn't really understand the story.

DavidArthur3d
08-30-2007, 04:38 PM
well done, i think considering how long you've actually been doing 3d you deserve a pat on the back,

the environments are lovely, you've really got the hang of texturing :)

cttporky
08-31-2007, 09:17 PM
Yeah I see what mean about the animation of the robot...I'm still trying to get the hang of animating :)

Thanks for the comments though guys!

MexicanAnimator
08-31-2007, 09:26 PM
Visually this looks awesome! Nice details, and lighting.
I would just reiterate the commments about moving holds and the unicycle effect (i.e. compensating for the robot's shifting weight). The hands should have some movement as the bot moves as well.
Very cool stuff.

moidphotos
09-06-2007, 11:36 PM
Good to see this here Charis, the colour design really makes this piece work. I'm interested to see what you get up to next!

CGTalk Moderation
09-06-2007, 11:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.