PDA

View Full Version : Character Walking through water workflow

nibbleGoblin
08-29-2007, 05:32 PM
Hey Everyone!

I've been playing with Vue a little bit and have made some pretty cool looking still images with just a poser figure standing in water.

Has anyone animated a character walking through water in vue 6(what i actually want to achieve is having a character walk through knee-high water and it reacts, like... well, water)? I was thinking it may be more awkward to do here than with say cinema 4d and realflow, but I was just curious if anyone has done something similar and was happy with the results.

Thanks!

emu007
08-30-2007, 06:43 PM
Hi nibbleGoblin......

No, i don't have some, but i'm interesten in this idea. So i was thinking about a way.
Vue has tha ability to show intersections of two ore more objects used for simulating the coastal lines foam, right ?

But i don't know if it is possible to get an animated export of this texture. If so you could manipulating it in photoshop or something else to make it some noisy, and reuse it as a seccond sealayer( open ocean fractal....) in vue.

I hope i can figure it out some more.......

Greetings

nibbleGoblin
08-30-2007, 06:55 PM
Hey Emu007, thanks for the reply! Yeah, I'm not quite sure how that would be done either... maybe they should just add fluid dynamics in vue 7! hahaha. I'm going to try doing it in realflow4. i'm just not sure how vue will deal with particles (if it does at all). and if it does deal with them okay, there's the issue of getting the water to match... for some background info, my scene is a flooded desert (weird, i know), that's become a swamp of sorts, with a roadside bar (also flooded) in the background. there's waaaaaaay too much water to do it all in realflow i think...

ah well. let me know if you stumble on anything cool.

Solomon
09-04-2007, 12:39 PM
Hi nibbleGoblin

I have given this a try too, but so far I have only had so so results

check out the 6th animation from the top under my animation gallery - http://www.sowl.com (http://www.sowl.com)

Vue's ocean function does not currently have a collision option, nor does it have wakes.

CGTalk Moderation
09-04-2007, 12:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.