PDA

View Full Version : work around for single uv export

Rhid1en
08-29-2007, 02:33 PM
To my understanding and experimenting, obj files only retain a single uv coordinate. Iím working from 3d Max, exporting an obj; opening that up into mudbox, working and then saving back out to obj to export back into max. Currently however, Iíd like to create LODís of an object that is using multiple channels; has anyone figured out a good work around for this? The only thing Iíve figured out is to create/use a displacement maps, but that is a lot of extra max work. Remapping those uv's is not an option and using the projection modifier in max isn't so successful either.. any ideas would be appreciated...
If I could import in more than one like objects for each of the uvs, each with different uv's, then steal the uv's and apply to one object, so one object has multiple uv's again and do multiple exports at different lod levels, then recombine them in max, I'm cool with that, but don't know how to save uvs in mudbox; would this senario be possible, or do you know of any more elegant work arounds?

CGTalk Moderation
08-29-2007, 02:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.