PDA

View Full Version : Quicktime VR question?

leed
08-29-2007, 01:14 PM
Hello all

I have rendered a VR object movie from C4D, quite big 1000px x 700 px with a load of frames, and have been asked to supply a suitable file for the web, somewhere around 3mb-5mb, my file at the mo is 200mb. I have tried to compress it from Quick time, but is messes up the object Vr movement.

Can anybody offer any suggestions as to how I can get the file suitable to put up on the web.

Thanks in advance
Lee

Rickmeister
08-29-2007, 01:19 PM
why don't you render it in a smaller resolution, or resize the resolution...

TomMeeks
08-30-2007, 03:07 AM
Hello all

I have rendered a VR object movie from C4D, quite big 1000px x 700 px with a load of frames, and have been asked to supply a suitable file for the web, somewhere around 3mb-5mb, my file at the mo is 200mb. I have tried to compress it from Quick time, but is messes up the object Vr movement.

Can anybody offer any suggestions as to how I can get the file suitable to put up on the web.

Thanks in advance
Lee

The resolution, alone, makes it difficult, no matter what you do.

A true ObjectVR, with user control of the motion, has to be loaded to a sight that will not convert it to any other file format. However, if you simply want to have the motion continually repeat, then you can create an AVI with the XVid (or similar) codec and upload it to any video site. It will be converted to the video server's format and you will lose user control over the movement.

An alternative is to create a FLASH VR which actually looks better but requires some FLASH programming skills.

Did you actually mean Stop Motion as apposed to ObjectVR? If so, you have a lot more choices.

leed
08-30-2007, 12:23 PM
The resolution, alone, makes it difficult, no matter what you do.

A true ObjectVR, with user control of the motion, has to be loaded to a sight that will not convert it to any other file format. However, if you simply want to have the motion continually repeat, then you can create an AVI with the XVid (or similar) codec and upload it to any video site. It will be converted to the video server's format and you will lose user control over the movement.

An alternative is to create a FLASH VR which actually looks better but requires some FLASH programming skills.

Did you actually mean Stop Motion as apposed to ObjectVR? If so, you have a lot more choices.

Thanks Tom

I managed to re render the QTVR, droppet the frame size and frame count, the client only wanted a small frame for the web site so I got it down to 4mb

Do not know anything about a FLASH VR though, will look into it.. do you know of any links?

Regards

Lee

TomMeeks
08-30-2007, 01:20 PM
Thanks Tom

I managed to re render the QTVR, droppet the frame size and frame count, the client only wanted a small frame for the web site so I got it down to 4mb

Do not know anything about a FLASH VR though, will look into it.. do you know of any links?

Regards

Lee

http://www.flashvr.de/

Simply searching Google on "Flash VR" will bring up quite a few hits. It's much cleaner than QTVR and, I believe, can be much smaller. The problem, until now is that FLASHVr wasn't as easy to create as QTVR. I think that is rapidly changing with new tools, like the above.

CGTalk Moderation
08-30-2007, 01:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.