PDA

View Full Version : Questions on C4D render and integration...

pitrie17
08-29-2007, 04:33 AM
Hi all, I'm playing with Vue xStreme with their clouds and such. Very impressive, and time consuming. I have two questions, when I render (I'm using their demo version right now) my image doesn't ever completely render. I've watered down my render settings substantially so that I can even see what I'm doing in a reasonable amount of time. This is what I get when I render something.

http://www.freehillproductions.com/C4D/Cloud_4.png

As you can see it is missing the top half of the image.

My second question is regarding speeding up renders. Does Vue work with Cinema 4d's net render at all? I would like to buy this because it has some very high potential, but also don't want to wait for 3 weeks to use my animation. Thanks for some input!

mwalter1
08-29-2007, 03:07 PM
Strange, that looks more like something cancelled the render. Do you have other programs running in the background? Possible a virus program shutting off the render? Also check your power settings. Don't let your computer shut down or hybernate the hard drive after say 30 minutes of no key activity.

xStream will render the Vue items using Vue's render engine and the C4D objects render in C4D. Not sure on the net render part. There are many ways to speed up Vue's render. It's a balance over quality versus speed. There are many threads here about speeding up the render times.

pitrie17
08-29-2007, 03:56 PM
Strange, that looks more like something cancelled the render. Do you have other programs running in the background? Possible a virus program shutting off the render? Also check your power settings. Don't let your computer shut down or hybernate the hard drive after say 30 minutes of no key activity.

xStream will render the Vue items using Vue's render engine and the C4D objects render in C4D. Not sure on the net render part. There are many ways to speed up Vue's render. It's a balance over quality versus speed. There are many threads here about speeding up the render times.

Thanks. I'm on a mac and Vue was the only program running at the time. It completed the renders just fine, but when I look at them in preview, photoshop, after effects, etc... it looks like that.

CGTalk Moderation
08-29-2007, 03:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.