PDA

View Full Version : Ladybug with Live action footage...

anim8tr
08-28-2007, 11:47 PM
Hello all,

I am planning out a shot where I have a Dad and his son looking at a ladybug. The Dad moves in to pick up the ladybug on his finger, pulls his hand back and gives it to his son.

The ladybug is entirely CG. We have total control of the shot, so my question is, how would you go about setting up the shot? put a track point on the dad's finger and apply the ladybug to it? If I go that route, the bug is always fixated on that point, and he can't roam freely on the finger.

iven all these elements, what would the best approach be?

Thanks...

ziotoo4
09-01-2007, 10:32 AM
I would suggest to put a tracking point on dad's finger, or doing as following: create a cg hand and animate it to follow dad's one...you could use multiple tracking points to get an idea of movement, and then synchronize it manually, frame after frame. Then, you will animate the ladybug on the hand, so that she can move freely; lastly you will make the hand invisible and you will render only the ladybug. this system gives you more control but it's also more difficult. I toook this suggestion from a tutorial on the italian version of computer art...
ciao! fede

CGTalk Moderation
09-01-2007, 10:32 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.