PDA

View Full Version : Maya S/W network rendering. Does Maya need to be installed on all nodes?

JYoung
08-28-2007, 06:11 PM
Hey guys and gals,

We're trying to get a 15 node renderfarm setup and running into a couple issues. We're using 8.5 on winxp32 bit with Muster 5.3.

Does Maya need to be installed on all nodes for network rendering with the software renderer to work? I thought it might just need the render.exe, batch render file, or something along those lines installed. There's not a whole lot of stuff in the help files about this.

Thanks!

LukaStellwag
08-28-2007, 06:50 PM
Hi,
as far as I know you have to install Maya on all nodes. At least I did. As there is no option at the setup to install it as a satelite version I think otherwise you'll be running into problems.

Luka

tfritzsche
08-28-2007, 07:13 PM
yes it needs to be installed, but not licenced, for your render nodes.

thomas

JYoung
08-28-2007, 07:23 PM
Thanks guys!

gmask
08-30-2007, 10:54 PM
yes it needs to be installed, but not licenced, for your render nodes.

thomas

actually you don't have to have maya installed.. you could drive map a shared volume that has the maya program folder on it but it's probably best to have it stored on the C drive.

CGTalk Moderation
08-30-2007, 10:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.