PDA

View Full Version : Alpha image for eco systems

philnolan3d
08-28-2007, 05:54 PM
I'm using Vue 5 Infinite and I've set up a nice shot but I need just dirt in a spot where the eco system has placed grass. Is there a way I can paint an alpha image to tell Vue not to put plants in that area?

bing
08-30-2007, 10:24 AM
hi
you can certainly do this in vue 6xstream,
the way i have done this is split my mesh up into suitable segments in lightwave (layers)
and when imported into vue the meshes are seperate but under one object, therefore you can texture each mesh seperately, creating alpha maps accordingly then in ecosystem tick the box under under density that says variable density
then right click and edit function
in the edit function panel right click and add texture map, load in your alpha map here, you will have to play around with the mapping settings according to your scene, but its quite simple
hope this helps
Al

philnolan3d
08-30-2007, 03:28 PM
Thanks, but like I said I have Vue 5 Infitine, no Xstream either. It's a costly upgrade, but maybe I'll just have to bite the bullet. I actually figured out the easy way of doing this is to place an object in the area where I want no plants and tell them to stay away from it, then hide the object from renders.

CGTalk Moderation
08-30-2007, 03:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.